Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Music: Muse- The 2nd Law

Ok, so the moment I began streaming this album on iTunes, I fell in love. (I'm actually still listening to the rest now, as I write this. I'm just so impatient at this point, these emotions have to be shared.) Muse never disappoints, no matter how much they stray from their sound. Then again, they have so many different sounds, there is no one definitive Muse 'sound.' So many elements are thrown into the mix of this album, that it makes the listener feel ALL THE FEELS.

All of them.

Anyway, back to the perfection that is Muse. The first track on the album, 'Supremacy,' starts everything off with a bang, hitting all the heavy chords, and making the listener immediately soil themselves with excitement.

Soiled it. (Your pants, I mean.)

Muse's The 2nd Law releases on October 2, 2012.

This will be the Grammy award-winners' 6th studio album. 
The English rock band was nominated for 3 Grammy awards in 2011, and their win was "Best Rock Album" for their 5th studio album, The Resistance.

From left to right: Chris Wolstenholme- bassist/keyboards/backing vocals, Matt Bellamy- lead vocals/guitar/piano, Dominic Howard- drums/synthesizers.


The band has always been very theatrical and cinematic in their music, no matter what style they're playing around with. The 2nd Law is no different, yet it's full of completely new sounds. The first single, 'Survival,' was the official song of the 2012 Summer Olympics. 


'Madness,' the second (the video description in Youtube says it's the first, but they lie. LIES.) single off the new album. 

Okay now that my research is pretty much done, my opinion can now take charge. I can hear so many different possible inspirations in their songs, ranging from Radiohead to an older, disco-esque kind of sound. It's hard to explain. Just listen to their amazingness. Take my word for it. Since I'm only streaming this album as of now, and individual songs aren't shown (it's played as one long track), the only individual songs I can really point out are the first three, plus 'Survival,' which I've already heard before. 'Supremacy,' 'Madness,' and 'Panic Station' are part of the first act, and I can say that just by those three, this album is totally different, totally tapping into numerous sounds, and totally Muse.



Like I've said, this band hasn't disappointed me, and they're definitely not stopping that now. 

Muse rocks, period.

No comments:

Post a Comment