Monday, September 24, 2012

Intro (Part 2)

Okay, I went a little too long with my Halloween review. I just love that movie so much. It's great and STOP JUDGING ME I CAN FEEL IT. STOP. NOW. 
You back with me? Good. Now I'll review the music (so far) from my favorite musical artist (in this case, a band). If you know me already, you know who this is, and if you're rolling your eyes, you're stupid because they're amazing and shut up.

30 Seconds to Mars was formed in 1998, and released their third studio album, This is War, in 2009. The band consists of Tomo Milicevic on bass, Shannon Leto on drums, and his brother Jared Leto, on guitar and lead vocals. If the name sounds familiar, it's because Leto starred in the TV show My So-Called Life, followed by a movie career consisting of titles like Requiem for a Dream and Fight Club.

The band released their first album, which was self-titled, in 2002, but they became more well-known after their second album, A Beautiful Lie, with the hit single The Kill. If you haven't heard it or even heard of the band, crawl out from under your rock already.

This is my favorite song ever. EVER. Bye.

Anyways, their music thus far has definitely grown over the years. They began with a harder rock sound (I don't know musical terms. Why review music then, you ask? Because I can. You don't HAVE to read this, but you SHOULD.), slowly evolving into the energetic, alt-rock band they are now. You've probably heard one of their newer singles on the radio: 

If you haven't, then your rock sucks and should at least have a radio or something.

Mars has graced the world with their music of many styles by appearing in commercials, movies, and even breaking the Guinness world record for 'Longest Concert Tour By A Rock Band,' totaling 306 shows for their latest album. Leto's hard-hitting vocals along with strong, cinematic instrumentals by Shannon and Tomo come together to create a sound that only is Mars. They rock. 
If you disagree, well, I didn't ask. I'm just stating my opinion. (And by opinion, I mean the truth.)

PS. Provehito In Altum.

PPS. Look it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment