Sunday, October 14, 2012

Music: Three Days Grace- Transit of Venus

Selling more than 6 million records in the US, Three Days Grace has swept the Billboard charts with hit singles like "I Hate Everything About You," "Home," "Animal I Have Become," and more. 
Their fourth studio album, Transit of Venus, was released on October 2, 2012, and for those of you who didn't like their third album, I can tell you this: TDG is back, and rocking harder than ever.



For me, TDG has been a really great band since they started with their debut self-titled, platinum-selling album in 2003. I was introduced to their music after the release of their (also) platinum-selling sophomore album, 2006's One-X. That album, even now, is one of my all-time favorites. There's not a song on there that I don't like, and it immediately made me love the band.

Three Days Grace is: Barry Stock (lead guitar), Neil Sanderson (drums, piano, backing vocals), Adam Gontier (lead vocals, rhythm guitar), and Brad Walst (bass guitar). 

Their first single off this new album, "Chalk Outline," reached #1 at Active Rock on September 17, 2012. It's definitely one of the best tracks on the album. Lead vocalist Adam Gontier's stinging, raspy voice hits hard on every track, as he always has for years.



Other tracks, like the opening track "Sign of the Times," "Misery Loves My Company," and "Unbreakable Heart" are all hard-hitting songs that are sure to get you pumped up. Three Days Grace has always been in-your-face, raw, and totally kick-ass. They most definitely haven't let down with this album, and will most definitely not let down for years to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment